16 September 2011>
The closing date for entries into the first ever Pride in Your Place awards is this Friday (30th September).
The exciting new scheme has been organised by Caerphilly county borough council to recognise the groups and individuals who help make the area look its best and is a cleaner, greener environment for people to live, work and visit.
Every year thousands of people do their bit to improve communities across the whole area. Now the council wants to celebrate these achievements – but the closing date for applications is the 30th of September 2011.
"The 'Pride in your Place' awards is a new initiative that acknowledges the endeavor, innovation and commitment of those who are helping to improve our living environment," said Cllr Lyn Ackerman. "I would encourage as many people as possible to enter as there are a wide range of schemes across the county borough that are helping to make a big difference in our communities."
The awards scheme is open to all residents, schools, businesses and community groups within the county borough. Applications are invited for activities undertaken from January 2010 to the present.
Award categories are as follows: -
- Go Wild! - Rewarding wildlife and countryside work that has helped enrich biodiversity
- Keeping Up Appearances - Rewarding cleanliness and attractiveness of a business premises.
- Best Environmental Business - Reward for innovation & environmental excellence.
- Recycling in schools - Rewarding resourcefulness, waste minimisation and recycling activities.
- Environmental Education - Rewarding excellence in Eco Project work in our schools and colleges.
- Healthy Living - Rewarding activities that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Sustainable Transport - Rewarding innovation & excellence in transport projects.
- Best Community Project - Rewarding activities and events that have improved the well being, safety and/or the quality of the environment in our local communities.
- 'StreetPride' Best Kept Area Award - Acknowledging the efforts of a neighbourhood for improving the quality of their local environment.
- Youth Environmental Champion - Reward for an outstanding individual (under 25) who has contributed to improving the environment and the well-being of the community.
- Overall – Best Environmental Project - Acknowledging innovation and excellence in environmental management/leadership.
The closing date for applications is the 30th of September 2011 and all applications will be assessed by an independent panel.
Those short listed candidates will be invited to an award evening on the 18th of November, 2011. Not only will all Category Winners receive a cash prize of £500, they will be eligible for the overall best project of the Year Award which has a prize of £1000.
Pride in Your Place application form (pdf 220kb)
Pride in Your Place application form (word 32kb)
Pride in Your Place Award leaflet (pdf 765kb)
For more information and to request an entry form please contact Rhodri Lloyd on 01495 235178 or email email@example.com
- Return to News