12 November 2009>
The deadline is fast approaching for local people to help children in the Caerphilly county borough recieve a special treat this year.
A Christmas appeal organised by Caerphilly county borough council called Operation Santa is aiming to support over 650 children in the area this year.
These children are not helped by any other appeal and have been nominated by social workers who work with families across the county borough.
Local people can pledge to buy a toy and choose the age, gender and geographical area of the recipient.
The deadline for pledges has been extended until 13th November. To take part either ring the Pledge hotline 01443 866577 or or e-mail Operation Santa and pledge to buy a present for a child.
The gifts can then be delivered to one of the collection centres situated across the county borough by Friday 4th December.
- Harper and Wallis, Estate Agent, Hanbury Road, Bargoed.
- Blackwood Library.
- Barclays Bank, Ystrad Mynach.
- Caerphilly County Borough Council, Penallta House, Ystrad Mynach.
- Lloyds TSB Bank, Rhymney.
- Visit Caerphilly Centre, The Twyn, Caerphilly.
- Caerphilly Garden Centre, Penrhos, Nantgarw, Caerphilly.
- Risca Family Centre, Brookland Road, Risca.
- Return to News