13 February 2009>
Residents aged 50+ across the Caerphilly county borough will have an opportunity to receive free advice and information at three special events taking place next month.
The "Here to Help" events follow on from the successful sessions held in October last year, organised by the 50+ Positive Action Partnership and the Safer Caerphilly Community Safety Partnership.
- Monday 2nd March – St David's Community Centre, Rhymney (1:00pm – 3:00pm)
- Tuesday 3rd March – Bargoed Community Centre (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Wednesday 4th March – Bedwas Rugby Club (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Blood pressure checks
- Home safety advice
- Advice on keeping warm and well
- Advice on pensions, council tax credit, energy efficiency and fire safety
- And lots more
There will also be an entertaining theatre production on bogus callers and doorstep criminals. The "Bogus" production helped those who attended the October sessions feel safer in their homes and gave them some new skills in dealing with unwanted callers at their door.
Cabinet member for the environment, Cllr Lyn Ackerman said, "We are delighted to be able to provide these excellent events for our local residents – I would really encourage people to come along and make use of the wealth of advice and information that will be available."
For anyone needing transport, minibuses will be available, so keep an eye out for the posters in your local area, or contact your local Gwent Police Crime and Disorder Reduction Officer for your area:
- Return to News