17 July 2012>
Caerphilly's Big Cheese Festival is now less than two weeks away, with lots of fun events and activities planned to make this year's festival one to remember! With over 80,000 visitors expected at the event, companies and organisations have been keen to get involved and offer support and sponsorship towards the weekend's festivities.
This type of support is integral in the planning and running of The Big Cheese, and Caerphilly County Borough Council is very grateful to have been offered the services of a number of key organisations.
Sponsors signed up for a slice of the action this year include: -
- Med Food, who are sponsoring one of the Food Halls and will have stands both here and in the centre of the main site selling lots of tasty treats.
- PB Organisation, who are also sponsoring one of the Food Halls and will have a stand in the centre of the main field selling delicious cheese, dried sausage and French wine.
- People's Postcode Lottery, who are a big support to the festival. Located in the centre of the main field, why not pop along and try your luck?
- Caerphilly Town Council, who are a huge support and have kindly contributed to the great entertainment taking place in the town centre over the weekend.
- Tesco who are key sponsors of The Great Cheese Race 2012, which takes place on Friday 27th July.
- Merthyr Self Storage, who are kindly sponsoring Friday's free funfair rides for special needs children.
The weekend of fun kicks off at 3:00pm on Friday 27th July, with The Great Cheese Race, 'Parade of Nations', funfair, a full entertainment programme (including the Olympic Ceremony broadcast live on a giant plasma screen), and a climactic firework display.
Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July will see the festivities in full swing from 11am, with an extensive entertainment programme lined up for revellers. Crowds will be able to enjoy re-enactment displays, musical performances, educational activities, food and craft stalls, interactive activities, a traditional funfair and much more.
For further information, please visit The Big Cheese website at: www.caerphilly.gov.uk/bigcheese
- Return to News