03 May 2011>
There is still time to nominate your volunteering heroes for this year's Caerphilly county borough 'Voluntary Sector Achievement Awards'.
This annual event, organised by Caerphilly County Borough Council and GAVO and sponsored by the Campaign, recognises and rewards local volunteers for the diverse roles they play in supporting and contributing to the well being of the community.
The categories for this year's Voluntary Sector Achievement Awards are:
- Young Volunteer of the Year – Sponsored by Gwent Police, this award is open to individual volunteers aged 25 and under
- Record Breaking Volunteer – Longest year's service as a volunteer
- Environmental Volunteer – An individual or group of volunteers who have contributed to improving their environment
- Fundraising Volunteer – With the focus on the method used to fundraise, rather than specifically the amount of money raised
- Employer Supported Volunteer
- Inspirational Volunteer – A person with learning or physical disabilities who, in being an individual volunteer, has contributed to the wellbeing of the community
- Retired Senior Volunteer – Open to individual volunteers aged 60 and over
- Practical Service Adult Volunteer (Individual)
- Practical Service Adult Volunteer (Group) – Individuals/groups who have provided service to improve the quality of life for another person or for the community
- New Volunteer – An individual who is new to voluntary work (within the last eighteen months).
The closing date for all applications is this Friday 6th May – all individual and group volunteers must reside or carry out their voluntary work within the Caerphilly county borough area.
The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday 29th June at Caerphilly County Borough Council's headquarters, Penallta House.
Nomination forms are available at www.gavowales.org.uk
For further information, please call 01443 863 540.
- Return to News