21 July 2009
Visitors to this weekend's Big Cheese festival in Caerphilly will be able to find out more about the health benefits of the great outdoors at the council's Countryside marquee.
This year, Health Challenge Caerphilly county borough is working in partnership with the council to promote the countryside as a free health service to help local people improve their health and wellbeing through the use of local parks, nature reserves, cycle tracks and other outdoor activities.
Research has shown the numerous health benefits of being in the countryside especially if participating in activities such as walking, cycling, picnicking, horse riding and doing countryside skills such as dry stone walling.
In the marquee visitors can:
- Learn about health and wellbeing benefits
- Find out where to go walking and what's on in the county borough
- Have a go at dry stone walling
- Volunteer in the countryside
- Children can have a go at shelter building, creating clay faces and play games
The marquee will be open to the public from 10 am to 6pm on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th July 2009.
- Return to News