16 December 2011>
Caerphilly County Borough Council tenants are being invited to information events to have any questions they may have on the Council's housing transfer proposal answered.
The Council has extended its housing transfer consultation to allow time for tenants to consider further information that has been issued as part of the current consultation on a proposal to transfer tenants' homes to a new Community Housing Mutual organisation, Castell Mynydd.
The Council issued the Formal Consultation Document (also known as the Offer Document) to tenants at the end of September.
However, since the document was agreed, further work on the Council's financial position has shown that, while it could not achieve the Welsh Housing Quality Standard by 2017/18 as Castell Mynydd could, it would be able to bring homes up to the WHQS by 2019/20. This would be the Council's strategy if homes stay with the Council.
Tenants have been sent a document detailing the Council's new position and a series of information events have been arranged to give tenants the opportunity to ask any questions they may have on the transfer proposal and the additional information.
At the formal consultation events, tenants will be able to ask questions and make comments on the proposal, which will be considered by the Council as part of its formal consultation. These will be held on: -
- Wednesday 4th Jan, 10am – 12 noon. Oasis Life Centre, Bryn Road, Cefn Fforest, Blackwood.
- Wednesday 4th Jan, 2.15pm – 4.15pm. Salvation Army Hall Risca, Commercial Street, Risca.
- Thursday 5th Jan, 10am – 12 noon. Rhymney Community Centre, High Street, Rhymney.
- Friday 6th Jan, 10am-12 noon. Penyrheol Community Centre, Aneurin Terrace, Penyrheol.
- Friday 6th Jan, 2.30pm-4.30pm. Van Community Centre, Clos Guto, Caerphilly.
- Saturday 7th Jan, 10am – 12 noon. St Margaret's Park, Pengam Road, Aberbargoed.
These will be followed by further, informal 'drop ins' which do not form part of the Council's formal consultation, at which tenants will be able to have their questions answered.
These will be held at: -
- Monday 9th Jan, 10am - 11.30am.Graig yr Rhacca Community centre, Addison Way, Graig Y Rhacca.
- Monday 9th Jan, 2pm – 3.30pm
Phillipstown Community Centre, Fernhill Terrace, Phillipstown, New Tredegar.
- Tuesday 10th Jan, 12noon - 1.30pm. Gelligaer Community Hall, Church Road, Gelligaer.
- Tuesday 10th Jan, 3.15pm – 5.15pm. Bargoed Community Centre,Park View, Gilfach, Bargoed.
- Wednesday 11th Jan, 10am – 11.30am. Nelson Community Centre, Bryncelyn, Nelson.
- Wednesday 11th Jan, 2pm – 3.30pm. Trinant Community Hall, Trinant Terrace, Trinant.
- Thursday 12th Jan, 9.30am – 11.30am. Cefn Hengoed Youth Centre, Gelligaer Road, Cefn Hengoed.
- Thursday 12th Jan, 3.30pm – 5pm. Pantside School, Old Pant Road, Pantside, Newbridge.
- Friday 13th Jan, 10am – 12 noon. Rhymney Ael-y-Bryn Community Centre, Aneurin Terrace, Rhymney.
- Friday 13th Jan, 2pm – 3.30pm. Penllwyn Millenium Centre,Penllwyn Lane, Pontllanfraith, Blackwood.
Tenants can also have their questions answered by the Housing Choices Team by calling the Council freephone on 0800 141 2834 or the Independent Tenant Advisor, PS Consultants, on freephone 0800 088 4194. The Independent Tenant Adviser will attend the formal consultation and informal drop in events.Return to News