Want to go to college to pursue a Further Education course?
To help more people continue with their education where it might not be possible without additional financial assistance, the following help is available.
Assembly Learning Grant 2012/13
Students must meet all of the eligibility criteria which includes the following:
- Will be aged 19 yrs and over on 1 September of the academic year applied for
- Are ordinarily resident in Wales
- Will be living in Wales while attending college
- Are studying on an approved further education course
Awards can be given up to £1,500 for full-time courses and £750 for part-time courses, but any amount awarded depends on your household income. Awards are paid directly to you and do not normally need to be paid back, unless you withdraw from your course early.
Education Maintenance Allowance 2012/13
This income assessed grant is available to some students to help with living costs. Awards are issued between £10-30 per week depending on income.
This allowance is available to students who meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Aged 16 –18 years at the start of the academic year applied for
- Have a household income no more than £32,400 (award not affected by any income a student receives from a part-time job)
- Be studying on a designated course
You should contact the Student Finance Wales Customer Services Team for changes to the EMA for the 2012/13 Academic Year.
How do I apply or find out more?
Please contact the Student Finance Wales Contact Centre on 0845 602 8845 (Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 1pm.)
Application forms for 2012/13 should be available to download from the Student Finance Wales website during April 2012.
For the latest news and information from Student Finance Wales, you can now follow them on Twitter and Facebook.