Caerphilly Fast Forward, formerly the New Deal Unit offers a friendly, supportive, practical-based learning environment for people who would like to build on their existing skills, try out work placements and work towards nationally recognised qualifications. Although based in Blackwood, our services are available to the whole of the County Borough.
We work with several local partners to provide services for young people who have been excluded from mainstream education and adults with learning difficulties. Our partners include Job Centre Plus, Department for Work and Pensions, Careers Wales and the council's Education and Social Services Departments, all of which refer people to us. We are also grateful for support from local schools and colleges.
Services we can offer
Fast Forward looks after people referred here from other partner organisations. Depending on the nature of that referral, we can offer any or all of the following:
- State of the art Community Digilab (IT suite)
- Individual Jobsearch and supported CV writing
- The opportunity to build on existing skills such as Maths, English, IT and team working
- Nationally recognised qualifications, including City and Guilds and Open College Network (OCN)
- Work-based placements
- Practical experience in environmental and community-based projects
- An alternative learning programme for 13-16 year olds
And much more…!
For further infromation call Caerphilly Fast Forward on 01495 233110 or email email@example.com.