It's free to join, borrow books and use our computers. We only charge for reserving items, hiring DVDs, videos and music, fines for overdue items and costs for lost or damaged items. You will also have to pay a small charge for photocopying and printing.
Our fees are as follows:
- Adult customers: 13p per day
- Concessions: 6p per day
- Mobile library users: No charge
- Young customers: No charge
- Maximum charges: £15.00 (£7.50 concessions)
- Inter Library Loans: £2.00 (£1.00 concessions)
- All other requests: No charge
- Music: 75p per item for 1 week loan (visually impaired 35p)
- Books on tape/CD: 60p per item for 3 week loan (concessionary groups 30p with no charge for children and the visually impaired)
- Language sets: No charge
- Videos/DVDs: £1.50 per item for 1 week loan (Under 16s and Concessionary Groups £1.00)
- CD-ROMs: £2.00 per item for 1 week loan
- PlayStation/X-Box games: £2.50 per item for 1 week loan
Lost or damaged items
- Books and AV items: An individual replacement charge will be levied
- Children's picture books: No charge
- Membership cards: £2.00
- Under 16s membership cards: No charge
- Photocopies: 10p – A4 and A3 Black and White (single and double-sided). 50p – A4 and A3 colour (single and double-sided).
- Computer printout: 10p – A4 and A3 Black and White (single and double-sided). 50p – A4 and A3 colour (single and double-sided).
- Laminating: 50 per A4 sheet; £1.00 per A3 sheet
- Fax: Send UK: £1.00 first sheet, 50p subsequent sheets. Send overseas: £2.00 first sheet, 50 subsequent sheets. Receive: 50p (Concessionary Groups: half price)
Concessionary Groups include: Over 60s, young people aged 16-18 in full-time education, people with a disability or visual impairment, unemployed people or students.