You do not have to apply to have your housing benefit and/or council tax reduction renewed. However you must inform us of any changes in your circumstances.
However, while you are receiving benefit we will do periodic checks on your circumstances. These checks are called interventions or reviews.
What are interventions/reviews?
We carry out interventions to make sure that we have your details correct and to make sure that you receive the right amount of benefit.
Interventions/reviews can be carried out either by post or by a visit to your home. If you have been selected for a benefit intervention/review, we will write to you to inform you.
Documents you will need to provide
You will be asked to provide current documentary evidence to confirm the circumstances of you and your partner if you have one. Proof of the following will be required:
- National Insurance Number
- All earned income, for example, pay Slips
- All benefit income, for example, current benefit award notification letter
- Most recent bank statements for all accounts (two consecutive months)
- Savings, shares, ISA, PEP, National Savings certificates, Bonds
- Tenancy agreement or letter from landlord confirming tenancy details
- Proof of income for any other adults in the household
For further information about housing benefit interventions call the benefits section on 01443 864099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.