Community transport is provided for members of the community who do not have suitable conventional public transport services available for their travel needs.
This includes living in a community not frequently served by public transport or those with a disability. It can also be used by those socially isolated from accessing basic public services and facilities, such as healthcare.
Who can use community transport?
Although all schemes wish to be as open as possible, the majority of the schemes are restricted to people who meet the following criteria:
- Those who do not have access to public transport and do not have access to their own car
- Those who are unable to use public transport, e.g. because of a disability
Community transport operators
The following community transport services operate throughout Caerphilly county borough:
- New Cancer Lifeline Upper Rhymney Valley (CLURV)
47 Cardiff Road
Tel: 01443 839326
- Phoenix Community Transport
Units 2 and 3 Penmaen Industrial Estate
Tel: 01495 222187
- Rainbow Community Travel Service
30 Porset Drive
Tel: 029 20 026553 / 07792 782165 (mobile)