The Caerphilly Adventure Group (CAG) was formed in November 1998. The group provides outdoor activity opportunities for people of all ages and abilities.
Caerphilly Adventure Group, as part of Caerphilly County Borough Council's Outdoor Education provision, is licensed under the Adventure Activity Licensing Regulations 1996. This allows CAG to provide adventurous activities to children and young people under the age of 18 within the scope of the licence.
Activities undertaken by the Caerphilly Adventure Group
- Climbing and abseiling
- Indoor climbing
- Mountaineering and hill walking
- Camping and expedition work
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Adventure walking (Gorge walking and Adventure Walking)
- Surfing (kayak and board)
- Training for instructors. This includes National Governing Body Awards such as Mountain Leader Award and Basic Expedition Leader, Single Pitch Award, Mountain Bike Leader, Paddlesport Coach training and first aid training.
Caerphilly Adventure Group runs two weekly kayak clubs, one at Newbridge Leisure Centre on Sunday evenings from 8pm – 8.45pm (under 18's) and between 8.45pm - 9.30pm for adults, and one at Heolddu Leisure Centre on Monday evenings (term time only) from 6.30pm – 7.30pm (under 18's) and between 7.30pm – 8.30pm for adults.
Caerphilly Adventure Group meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7pm at:
Suite 27, The Business and Technology Centre
Tredomen Business Park
The monthly meeting is a chance to catch up and plan future events. New members are welcome to attend, as it is a good opportunity to meet others and find out what's going on. Guest speakers and members deliver short presentations on activities or trips they have undertaken.