Caerphilly Local Service Board
The Caerphilly Borough Local Service Board was established in July 2007, initially as one of the six pilot areas set up by the Welsh Government. Local Services Boards are where the leaders of local public and third sector organisations come together to take collective action to ensure public services are effective and citizen focused.
Sitting on the Caerphilly Local Service Board are: -
- Caerphilly County Borough Council – the Council Leader and the Chief Executive
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board – Chief Executive
- Gwent Police - Chief Constable
- Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations (GAVO) - Assistant Director
- Welsh Government – Director General for Strategic Planning, Finance and Performance
Caerphilly Local Service Board priority work areas are as follows: -
- The formulation & implementation of the single integrated plan for community planning, which needs to be in place by April 2013;
- Tackling alcohol misuse;
- Child poverty.
The Caerphilly borough Local Service Board is committed to adopting a citizen focused approach to service design and delivery, and to community engagement through ensuring best local outcomes.
Caerphilly Local Service Board over sees the delivery of the Caerphilly Community Strategy. For further information on the work of Caerphilly Local Service Board, Caerphilly Community Strategy, and moves towards developing a single integrated plan for community planning in the borough please go to the Community Planning website or contact Alison Palmer on 01443 864409 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.