Caerphilly Catering Service provides healthy and nutritious school meals that provide quality food at unbeatable value with unrivalled choice.
We provide healthy and nutritious school meals to six secondary schools in the county borough:
- Bedwas High School
- Blackwood Comprehensive
- Heolddu Comprehensive
- Oakdale Comprehensive
- Pontllanfraith Comprehensive
- St Cenydd Comprehensive
Energy for living
Each cafeteria operates on a self-service basis therefore allowing pupils to choose their own meal that suits their needs and dietary requirements.
All our meals are healthy, nutritious and of a high quality, and the service supports Fairtrade, organic produce and locally sourced foods. The service promotes a wide range of foods to our secondary school students. Our meal choices include our Meal of the Day, Pasta Pots, Vegi Pots, Meal Deals, Salads, Sandwiches, Baguettes and Fruit.
In consultation with food advisers from the Caerphilly Health Alliance Nutrition Sub Group, our catering managers have carefully planned the secondary school menu therefore ensuring that we continue to meet the Nutritional Standards for school lunches.
Visit our very own You Go 4 It website. This exciting new website is for young people. It is full of great advice, sport stars, video competitions, blogs, podcasts and loads more. We give help, support and advice on looking after yourself, eating the right food and taking exercise and tell you why it is so important to your life right now.
This system allows pupils to load money on to a special card that can then be used to pay for goods in the canteen.
Every pupil is given a secure account that needs to be kept in credit by the parent/carer. When purchasing their lunch, the till operator uses a touch screen terminal which displays a photo image of each child and records the meal purchased each day.
The system offers many benefits:
- The removal of cash exchanges at lunchtime improves the speed of service for your child.
- Your child's meal detail is recorded each day, which means you can keep track of what your child eats.
- Account statements are generated each half term, on request, or weekly if on email thereby parents can keep track of the money being spent and the account balance.
- Special dietary requirements can be highlighted and entered onto the system.
- For children with free meal entitlement the value is entered automatically onto the system, making it the same for everyone.
For more information about the cashless system or if you have a general enquiry about school meals, contact Catering Services on 01495 235300 or email email@example.com.