The Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee is responsible for monitoring the action taken by the council to implement the following overarching principles and objectives of the Community Strategy: -
- Raise awareness and use of the Welsh language
- The overall progress made by the council in implementing the Community Strategy
The Community Strategy is a shared 15-year strategic vision for the county borough developed by the council and its partners.
For further details about the Community Strategy, visit our Community planning webpage.
Scrutiny Committee members
Each Scrutiny Committee is attended by at least one (often several) nominated Cabinet member together with a number of county councillors. Information about each committee member can be found using our Scrutiny Committee Members facility.
Scrutiny Committee Meetings
Each Scrutiny Committee meets on a 6 weekly cycle. For further details about future meetings go to Scrutiny Committee – meetings timetable page.
Responsibilities of the Chief Executives Directorate
- To act as general overview and scrutiny committee for the council
- The proper financial planning budgeting and control of council resources
- Council's Policies
- The development and implementation of the council's corporate policies and themes and the development and co-ordination of community planning
- The delivery of service to achieve the council's strategic objectives
- The implementation of Wales Programme for Improvement across the county borough in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1999
- Information Technology Services
- Personnel Services
- Financial Services
- Electoral Registration
- Legal Services
- Audit Services
- Procurement Services
- Democratic Services
- Emergency Planning
- Registrars of births, deaths and marriages
- Catering Services
- Property Services
- Corporate Asset Management
- Overview of all policy and finance issues considered by the Executive
- Any other matter or topic, which properly falls to an overview and scrutiny committee, function but not allocated specifically to any other of the council's named scrutiny committees