The Health, Social Care and Well-being Scrutiny Committee is responsible for monitoring the action taken by the council to implement the beacon projects and other objectives contained within the 'Health, Social Care and Wellbeing' theme of the Community Strategy. Health, Social Care and Wellbeing is one of the four themes that form the Community Strategy, which is a shared 15-year strategic vision for the county borough developed by the Council and its partners.
For further details about the Community Strategy, visit our Community planning webpage.
Scrutiny Committee members
Each Scrutiny Committee is attended by at least one (often several) nominated Cabinet member together with a number of county borough councillors. Information about each committee member, can be found using our Scrutiny Committee Members facility.
Scrutiny Committee Meetings
Each Scrutiny Committee meets on a 6 weekly cycle. For further details about future meetings go to the Scrutiny Committee – meetings timetable page.
Responsibilities of the Directorate of Social Services
- The provision of children's and adult social services and mental health issues under statute
- Commissioning for Social Services
- All client care services in residential settings (including accommodation services)
- Meals on wheels
- All client care services in home settings
- All client care services under Boarding Out Schemes
- All client care providing in day care settings
- Hospital resettlement programme
- Promotion of the joint objectives shared with the Local Health Board
Responsibilities of the Directorate of the Environment
- Public Health (including infectious diseases and health promotion/education)
- Food Safety Enforcement