If you live in a Flying Start area your child is entitled to a funded childcare place for 2.5 hrs per day, for 42 weeks of the year from the term following their second birthday to the term in which they celebrate their third birthday.
The childcare is delivered in a local Flying Start centre, usually within walking distance of your home. We work as part of a highly qualified team who offer lots of great fun and learning in a fantastic environment, where the experiences your child has will support their holistic development.
We also currently offer places at a choice of two Cylchoedd Meithrin, where the childcare is delivered through the medium of Welsh. All of these settings meet high quality standards set by Flying Start and the Care and Social Service Inspectorate for Wales.
Regular part-time attendance at high quality childcare has shown to improve outcomes for children. We would therefore encourage you to take up your childcare place once your child becomes eligible. So if you live in a Flying Start area, get in touch with us now to book your child's place.
Flying Start centres
There are 10 Flying Start centres offering English medium provision building on more and more use of Welsh within the setting to become bilingual settings. Currently there are 2 Cylchoedd Meithrin offering Welsh medium Flying Start places.
|Abertysswg||Abertysswg Pensioners Hall||01685 842999|
|Lower Rhymney||Bryn Awel, sited in Bryn Awel Primary School||01685 840230|
|Welsh medium provision||Cylch Meithrin Rhymni||07950 591289|
|Welsh medium provision||Cylch Meithrin Tedi Twt||07772 598047|
|Graig-y-Rhacca||Next to Graig-y-Rhacca Primary School||02920 865208|
|Hengoed||Next to Hengoed Primary School||01443 814363|
|Pantside||On Pantside Primary School site||01495 243286|
|Phillipstown||On Phillipstown Primary School site||01443 830029|
|Fochriw||Fochriw Family Centre||01685 844398|
|Park (part of Bargoed)||Sited in Heolddu Comprehensive School||01443 828135|
|St James||St. James' Integrated Children's Centre||02920 760766|
|Upper Rhymney||Ty Coch Flying Start Centre||01685 846880|
Provisions at the centres
Flying Start childcare settings:
- Registered with Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales
- Completed the Caerphilly Quality Standards
- Working towards the National Quality Assurance Scheme
- High quality provision with well-trained staff, that support children in their development
- Support children so that when they go to nursery they settle more quickly, communicate better, have greater independence, and have lots of friends
- Build links with the feeder primary schools including the Welsh medium primary schools and support parents to become fully interactive with the child's learning and development
- Work with the Super Shell-by project to continue the children's speech and language development when they go to nursery
- Work with Inclusion to support children with complex or additional learning needs
- Have a 1:4 ratio of adults to children in the setting, which means that all our children have quality provision and individual learning plans.