The best option for dealing with garden waste is to compost at home. We offer our residents the opportunity to purchase home composting units at a reduced price.
Recycling kerbside collection
We now collect garden and food waste every week throughout the year. This service is restricted to food, grass cuttings and small amounts of hedge clippings.
Each household has been provided with green reusable sacks for garden waste and food waste caddies for food waste. If you do not have a green sack or food caddy or if yours has been lost or stolen, you can request one by calling Waste Strategy and Operations on 01443 866533.
Bulky garden waste collection
All garden waste can be recycled FREE of charge at all of our household waste recycling centres.
We also offer a collection service for bulky garden waste such as trees and branches. The cost of this service is £50.
To request this service:
- There must be no more than one Transit van load (approximate volume 2.5m x 1.5m x 1.5m).
- The material must not be bagged.
- Any trees or branches must be cut into lengths less then 5ft and under 20kg.
- The material must be placed at the front of the property for collection. This will be advised at the time of booking and must be a location where we can gain safe access with a refuse collection vehicle.
- The material must not include Japanese Knotweed, Poison Ivy, earth or garden rubble.
To request a bulky garden waste collection call Waste Strategy and Operations on 01443 866533.
Please note the following:
- We can only collect one load per property per booking so if you have a large amount for removal you will need to book an additional collection and pay the required fee again. Alternatively you can take the materials to one of our household waste recycling centres.
- Refunds for cancellations can only be processed if received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection.
- No concessions or exemptions are available.