The council has an Improvement Plan which has 13 priorities to be delivered over the course of three years.
From those 13 prioirities we identified 8 we wanted to really focus on and these are called our Improvement Objectives.
Each year we take the opportunity to review and publish to you (the citizen) what our priorities are for the year ahead and the differences we hope to make. Our Improvement Objectives for 2011/12 are in the main long term improvements, so rather than set new priorities we have carried out detailed work to ensure our objectives are still what the public want and that they remain relevant. We are pleased to introduce an updated set of objectives for 2012/2013 which can be downloaded below:
Improvement Objectives 2012/13 (PDF 387kb)
Improvement Objectives 2011/12 (PDF 962kb)
Improvement Objectives 2010/11 (PDF 426kb)
This contains information on the council's eight Improvement Objectives including: -
- How and why we chose the Improvement Objectives
- How we intend to improve in the areas identified
- What benefit the public can expect to see as the outcome to improvement
- How we will consult with the public to identify areas most in need of improvement in the future
The Improvement Objectives are available in Welsh or in other languages or formats upon request.
We will be providing an update of our progress against last years Improvement Objectives in the Autumn time along with other information that will detail how we have performed as a council for the year of 2012/2013.
2013-14 Improvement Objectives
We are currently in the process of setting our new Improvement Objectives for 2013-14 and finding out what members of the public think about our choices. This is a very important part of this process and we would like your feedback on this. Our survey can be found below.
Improvement Objectives 2013/14 - consultation
Our proposed Improvement Objectives for 2013-14 are: -
- We are committed to ensuring children and young people who are looked after by Caerphilly County Borough Council are supported to achieve their full potential in a joined up way.
- We will improve job opportunities in our County Borough by implementing the Council's Passport Scheme to create employment and training opportunities for young people.
- We will develop an effective and accessible Youth Service that supports the personal and social development of young people.
- We will improve awareness, access, variety and use of leisure, community and sporting facilities in our borough.
- We will transform Council homes, lives and communities through our investment in the Welsh Housing Quality Standard.
- We will improve the quality and management of private sector housing for vulnerable people and work to reduce the number of residents who may become homeless.
If anyone has any questions or feedback on any of the content above we would like to hear from you. You can call the performance team on 01443 864236 / 4237 or 4238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org