The Engineering Projects Group is an in house service provider which forms part of the the Engineering Services Division and provides a wide range of services to the council including strategic, operational and client activities.
The Engineering Project Group is available to provide you with a tailored service. Examples of which include (but are not limited to): -
- Bridge design and maintenance
- Retaining wall design and maintenance
- Culvert design and maintenance
- Corporate land drainage
- Land reclamation
- Canal management
- Major and Minor Highway design / infrastructure works
- Highway Resurfacing
- Building surveys and structural maintenance
- Contract management
- Scheme feasibility
- Programme management
- Project management
- Land Surveying
- Urban Renewal Projects
- Geotechnical Appraisal and Advice
- Advice and Technical Guidance on Landslips and Erosion
- Building Regulation and Development Control Checks
- CDM Planning Co-ordinator Role and Technical Advice on H&S
- Collaborative Working
Engineering Proejcts Group Services (PDF 2.21mb)
We pride ourselves on producing a high quality product that satisfies customer requirements.
The group is comprised of 4 teams :-
Two Civil Design Teams, One Structures Team and a Project Management Team.
The Group offers professional services across a wide range of expertise and disciplines.
- Dedicated, knowledgeable, committed, multi-skilled and experienced staff
- Ability to deliver schemes from inception to completion with a good track record
- ICE training agreement approved provider (trainee technicians/graduates, etc)
- Risk and contractual awareness via trading account work practices
- Customer service ethos embedded & good policy procedure framework in place
- High levels of recognition of need for cross division/Directorate working
- Quality Assurance Accreditation with Lloyds (LRQA)
The Group has 6 Professionally qualified Chartered Engineers and 5 Accredited PRINCE 2 Practitioners. The majority of the staff are educated to HNC level and above and the diverse make up of the group contributes to the considerable amount of expertise and experience throughout the team.
The EPG contains what was formerly the Engineering Consultancy which has Quality Assurance accreditation with Lloyds and undergoes regular external surveillance and accreditation visits which demonstrates the high professional standard of the group.
The QA accreditation is not just a badge but a working system for business improvement which is used as a means for best practice in the working environment with the focus on good management and customer satisfaction.
- Expand work base opportunities within the council
- Fully engage with and utilise new technology to improve efficiency
- Upskilling staff capability levels
- Develop sustainable working / construction practices
- Maximise income generation
- Utilisation of best procurement techniques
- Roll out the Caerphilly project management initiative
For further information of services provided and how we can help you deliver your projects, to your satisfaction, on time and to budget - please email email Dafydd Lloyd or call him on 01495 235326 for an informal chat.
Engineering Projects Group - current schemes of work
Title - Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr – Phase 2 and 4 Highway Improvement Works
Client - CCBC Transportation Engineering
Value - £4.5million
Services provided - Design & Supervision, Project ManagementHighway Improvement Scheme programmed for construction start on 10th Jan 2011.Designed in partnership with Capita Symonds, Project Managed by EPG.
Title - Bedwas Colliery Surface Remediation and Tips Reclamation
Client - CCBC Engineering Consultancy
Value - Circa. £25- 30 million
Services provided - Project management (Inc. compiling brief for specialist consulting services, establishment of stakeholder engagement strategy).
Title - Cycle route: Link between Argoed and the Sirhowy Valley
Client - WEFO/VRP/Sustrans
Value - £280,000
Services provided - Project management. Design and supervision.
Alliance Carpets demolition (PDF 239kb)
Footbridge resurfacing (PDF 446kb)
Pengam Footbridge installation (PDF 1.88mb)
Recycle, reuse, repave - Sustainale engineering (PDF 4.54mb)
Award winning schemes
Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal - Crumlin Arm (PDF 1.5mb)
Nelson Town Centre Regeneration – ICE Roy Edwards Award 2007 Highly Commended.