If your bin has been lost, stolen or damaged or you have recently moved into a property where there is no bin, you can request a new one.
There is a charge for new bins as follows:
|Brown recycling bin||1st issue to the property||FREE|
|Brown recycling bin||Replacements||£25.37|
|Green refuse bin||1st issue to the property||£25.37|
|Green refuse bin||Replacements||£25.37|
|Food caddies||1st issue and replacements||FREE|
|Garden waste sacks||1st issue and replacements||FREE|
|Recycling box||1st issue and replacements||FREE|
To request a bin call Waste Strategy and Operations on 01443 866533.
Where payment is required, this can be made by debit or credit card during the call or by cash at any of our cash offices situated throughout the county borough. If paying by credit card a charge of 2% will be made in addition to the payment.
We will deliver your new bin within 10 working days of receiving payment.
Please note the following:
- To help prevent your bin being lost or stolen, you are advised to clearly mark your bins with your house number and postcode to aid identification. You can also keep a note of the unique reference number located on your bin.
- Collection crews have been advised to return bins to where they were left by the resident.
- If you choose not to purchase a bin, you can use black bags instead. However, we will only collect a maximum of 3 bags per fortnight which is the equivalent of what will fit into a 240 litre wheeled bin.
- Refunds for cancellations can only be processed if received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled delivery.
- No concessions or exemptions are available.