Teachers are invited to bring their classes to their local library to enjoy our range of themed study skills workshops, which introduce children to the library and support Key Stage 1, and Key Stage 2 curriculum themes.
The workshops are focused around empowering children with information skills, using online resources such as Britannica and Know UK, search engines and reference books.
Each workshop lasts between 45 minutes and an hour and led by skilled and enthusiastic library staff.
The benefits of taking part in the workshops include:
- The opportunity for children to learn in a community setting
- A chance for children to learn of reinforce the skills that will enhance lifelong learning
- The first opportunity some children will have to experience a public library
- The potential for children to introduce the rest of the family to library services
- Support for developing literacy
For further information, please contact Library Headquarters on 01443 864068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.