We are currently working with various partners to deliver the Flying Start programme. Some are listed below, but if we have missed you or you could work more closely with us to support Flying Start families please get in touch with us.
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board – deliver Health Visiting element.
- Health Outreach Team – deliver various health related groups.
- Mudiad Meithrin – deliver Flying Start childcare places in some of their Cylchoedd.
- Action for Children – co-facilitate parenting programme delivery with us.
- Genesis – deliver self-esteem and basic skills courses to parents and work with us to support parents in training and employment.
- Right from the Start – co-facilitate parenting programme delivery with Flying Start staff.
- Super Shell-by Project – deliver speech and language support in childcare and Early Years settings.
- Mobile Crèche Team – support parents to go to parenting programmes by caring for their young children during the course.
- Creative Play Project – delivers language and play sessions for children with their parents in the Pop in and Play sessions.
- Bookstart – all our children can have the 2 Bookstart bags at 9 months and 2 years and then have an extra one at 3 years old as well as have outreach library sessions in the local areas to encourage use of the libraries and support the importance of reading.
- Charter Housing OK Kids Project – intensive support for families living in charter housing in Caerphilly county borough.
- Community First Teams – integrating the local delivery and support on offer.
- Young Mums Project – support for young mums
Example of some of our joint working:
The Parent Toolbox – is a folder of various leaflets upgrading the previous Safer Parenting booklet to be a more flexible publication. This can be used by parents and partners with the relevant information at the right stage for the child or in the right area as not all services are available everywhere. The PDF versions of the leaflets will be available on partner's websites who wish for them. This was a multi agency group to develop the leaflets, who will share costs for future leaflet development.
Action for Children and Flying Start Parenting Officer - delivering Incredible Years Toddler programme with young parents. The group was a mixed group of Flying Start parents and non-Flying Start parents but due to mix of funding streams it made one course viable where two would not have had enough parents and would not have run. The parents completed the 8-week course and found it very useful to support their parenting skills.
Genesis have worked with Flying Start parents to deliver self-esteem and pbasic skills courses while we have supported with crèche from the childcare team. Working together has enabled some of our parents to move on from parenting skills development towards training and employment, with a few enrolling in Ystrad Mynach College to train in health and social care, and hair and beauty.
Charter Housing OK Kids Project has a family support worker who supports families living in Charter Housing properties. They have additional access to a wider range of services including debt/financial/benefits advice, building maintenance repairs, as well as family and individual parenting advice and support.