We are working with the Childcare and Early Years Team to develop a Workforce Strategy for early years, childcare and play workforce to ensure that we have sufficient well-trained staff to run all our registered childcare and play settings in Caerphilly county borough.
Early years and childcare qualifications
The council is currently offering support to students wishing to access some early years and childcare qualifications at Ystrad Mynach College. Courses include: -
- CACHE Level 2 diploma in childcare and education - part-time
- Diploma Level 2 & Level 3, children's care, learning and development work based
- Childminder CYPOP5 course
- Playwork courses
- Continuous Professional Development courses and conferences
You may qualify for some funding support if you: -
- Live in Caerphilly county borough and do not work currently in an early years setting, childcare or playwork.
- Work in Caerphilly county borough in an early years setting, childcare or playwork.
- Live in Caerphilly county borough and work in an early years setting, childcare or playwork.
For further information please contact Claire Williams, Childcare Development Officer on 02920 760769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further infromation about workforce development is available on the Caerphilly Early Years website.
Careers in early years, childcare or play
If you are interested in working in early years or childcare, the Welsh Government provides lots of information about the different sectors and the qualifications you would need.
Play Learn Grow: Working in Early years, Childcare and Play