Choosing a reputable tradesperson to work on your home can be daunting for most householders. The Trading Standards Service is working together with Monmouthshire County Council, Newport City Council and Torfaen County Borough Council Trading Standards to provide a reliable list of approved traders for the South East Wales area.
The Trading Standards South East Wales TrustMark Scheme allows you to find a trader to carry out repair, maintenance or improvement work on your property that has been approved under the Government endorsed TrustMark standard.
Businesses who become members of the scheme undertake to operate their business in a legal, honest and fair way and are vetted and monitored by Trading Standards and DiVersity Management Services Limited.
The TrustMark scheme covers the following trades:
Information for consumers
To find a Trading Standards TrustMark approved trader in the South East Wales area use the search facility below. To find out more about the scheme itself call 01344 630804.
By looking for the logo featured at the top of this webpage you can be assured that the firm has been checked by Trading Standards, as well as having been checked by Diversity Management Services Limited. All local approved companies will display the logo on their paperwork and vehicles.
In choosing a TrustMark Trader you can be assured that you are doing your best to make the right choice. Approved traders are vetted in the following ways:
- Checked by Trading Standards to ensure they are reliable and reputable
- Every firm's technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections
- Quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction are monitored
- Checks on trading records and firms' financial status
- Firms are able to offer an insurance backed warranty
- Clear and user-friendly complaints procedure should you need it
The TrustMark scheme covers a range of trades from builders, plumbers, plasterers, painters and decorators and roofers. A complete list is available in the dropdown list below.
Information for traders
Would you like to give your business the edge over your competitors? The Trading Standards South East Wales Trustmark Scheme is available to all listed traders based in Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, and Torfaen. We want to support local businesses that do a good job, and treat their customers fairly.
For further information on becoming a Trustmark trader, contact DiVersity Management Services on Tel: 01159673767 or email on email@example.com.
Your customers will have the reassurance that not only has your work been checked to government technical standards but that also your previous trading history has been vetted, that you are financially sound, that your paperwork is legally compliant and that you offer a clear and comprehensive complaints procedure.
In addition you benefit from:
- Having a named contact officer within trading standards as a source of advice in your dealings with your customers.
- The use of the Trading Standards South East Wales Trustmark logo on your business documentation and vehicles.
- Promotion, by the trading standards service, of the scheme in general.
- Publicity material for distribution to customers and potential customers.
If you are are dissatisfied with the performance of a TrustMarked Trader it is expected that, in the first instance, you and the trader will try to resolve the complaint between you.
If you are not satisfied with the TrustMarked Trader's response to the complaint, you or trader may ask the Trading Standards Service to investigate and help to resolve the complaint by way of conciliation and mediation.
A leaflet explaining the compliants procedure is available to download below:
Trustmark Scheme - Consumer Complaint Resolution Procedure (PDF 303kb)
Trustmark Scheme - Complaint Form (PDF 60kb)