Our Trading Standards Officers will investigate any information we receive about possible breaches of the laws we enforce.
When reporting information to us, if you prefer, we will keep your identity anonymous. However, it is easier for us to prove a case in court if you are willing to explain how any breach has affected you, therefore making your identity known.
We will respond to all information, if for example, you:
- Have seen children being sold tobacco, alcohol, fireworks, spray paints or knives
- Know of elderly or vulnerable people who are being pressurised into unwanted purchases, for example work done on their homes or gardens.
- Know of smoking occurring in an enclosed public place
- Know where counterfeit products are being sold
- Have been mislead by poor labelling or pricing displays
- Have been charged more than the marked price
- Have bought potentially dangerous goods or toys
- Have bought a car with a false mileage reading
- Have bought short weight or measure goods
We will investigate the information to find out what the problems and issues are and will take appropriate action if consumer protection laws have been violated, which may include prosecuting the offender.
How to report an issue
If you would like to report an issue to us for investigation you can do this online.
Alternatively, you can call us on 01495 235291.