Building on the success of the Genesis Project, Genesis Wales 2 is a project to help individuals overcome many of the barriers they face when wanting to learn new skills or return to work. The advisors work closely with individuals and can identify financial assistance and other advice for them to access courses and work opportunities.
Individuals receive support from an advisor who can help to raise individual's confidence, self esteem and realise their aspirations. The project will increase engagement in community activity by encouraging learning opportunities-both formal and informal.
Who delivers Genesis Wales 2?
The Genesis Cymru Wales 2 project is funded via the European Social Fund. It's a national project managed by the Welsh Government in accordance to the regulations set down by WEFO. Each Local Authority has a designated team to run the day to day activities of the project.
Who is it for?
Genesis Wales 2 is for residents of the Caerphilly County Borough Council who are:
- 16 or over
- Either a lone parent receiving Income Support (Can be working or self-employed for less than 16 hours)
- Or a parent out of work and not in receipt of any benefits (not including Child Benefit or Child Tax Credits)
- Lone parents and other carers who do not meet the above criteria can also be considered
What can the scheme offer?
- Personal development courses
- Informal workshops
- Financial assistance for educational opportunities and training
- Childcare support (On-site crèche for all courses)
- Advice and guidance
- Employability support - job search, CV, interview skills
- Short work related courses i.e. Health and Safety, First Aid, Customer Service
The Genesis Crèche service provides quality childcare in our Genesis Centre alongside our training courses. The setting is accredited by CSSIW. Children aged 3 months - 8 years are cared for in a safe stimulating environment while their parents/carers are engaged in other activities. The Genesis Crèche service employs trained, experienced staff who are CRB checked. The Crèche provides an inclusive service; children who have special needs are welcome. Children are offered a range of planned activities that are suitable for their age and stage of development.
This service is provided to support Genesis participants and numbers of children cared for will depend on their ages. All sessions are risk assessed. We value the views of parents/carers and welcome any comments.
Who do I contact?
Genesis Project - Tel: 01443 833445