Caerphilly County Borough Council offers its staff, elected members and the staff of partner organisations from the health, police and voluntary sectors, a range of Equalities training, from awareness sessions on various issues to conversational language classes in Welsh and various levels of British Sign Language ability.
Courses offered currently include:-
- Age Awareness
- Age Proofing Services
- Basic Skills Awareness
- Conversational British Sign Language courses, from taster Courses up to the different NVQ level year courses
- Conversational Welsh classes ranging from short taster courses to full 30 week qualifications, up to and including 'A' level
- Deaf Awareness
- Deafblind Awareness
- Disability Awareness
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia and Dysprxia Awareness
- Equalities in Policy Development
- General Equalities Awareness
- Intergenerational Working Course
- Involving Older People Course
- Maximising Income – "I know a man who can"
- Race Equality Awareness
- Religious Awareness
- Visual Impairment Awareness
and a wider selection of equalities courses are currently being planned for 2010 onwards on many other specific aspects of Equalities not listed above, as the range of duties on the council expands following new legislation.
To find out more about training or to book a course, please telephone 01443 864404 or email email@example.com.
Equalities Training Report
A full report on the Equalities Training for 2011-2012 is available to download below, noting the range of courses offered and the number of staff and partners who attended each course.
Equalities Training Report 2011-2012 (PDF 569kb)