The Caerphilly District Register Office is located in the main Penallta House Council Offices, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach.
Get directions to Penallta House Register Office with Google Maps
As you enter Tredomen Park, continue straight ahead until you reach a mini roundabout where you will find visitor parking bays by taking the second and third exits. Please use the main entrance at the front of the building. The Register Office reception is located on the right hand side of the main reception area. Please note that the signal controlled barriers lead to parking reserved for staff and the footbridge leading from the staff car parks to the building is for staff only and you will not be able to gain access to the building.
For ceremony room users there is a separate entrance that is situated to the right hand side of the main building where there is also a car park for register office users.
To register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership you will need to make an appointment during office hours as follows:
Click here for Christmas and New Year opening times
|Monday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 4.30pm (closes at 2.45pm on the first Wednesday of every month)|
|Thursday||9am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||9am - 4pm|
There is no registrar available Monday to Friday between 12.30pm and 1.30pm to register births and deaths.
For emergencies only regarding birth, death, marriage or civil partnership registration outside these opening hours please call 07813 094234.
Facilities at Penallta House Register Office
The following facilities are available:
- Plenty of parking in the two visitor car parks.
- Toilet facilities, including a disabled toilet
- A range of council publications related to registration
- All areas are accessible to wheelchairs and prams
Service we provide
We are responsible for:
- Providing a service for the public to carry out their legal duties to register all births, deaths and stillbirths.
- Taking notice of marriages and civil partnerships, from people who are resident in Caerphilly county borough. The marriage or civil partnership could take place at the Caerphilly District Register Office in Penallta House, any other register office in England or Wales, or any other place allowed by law. Marriages and civil partnerships may also take place in some buildings registered for religious worship.
- Performing and registering all civil (non-religious) marriages and civil partnerships taking place within Caerphilly. We are also responsible for registering some marriages other than those in the Church of England/Church in Wales.
- Holding records of most of the births, deaths marriages and civil partnerships that have taken place in Caerphilly county borough from 1837. We can provide certified copies of these records if you pay the legal fee. A certified copy is not a photocopy, and can be used for various legal purposes.
- Providing advice and help on re-registering births and correcting the legal records. These may have to be processed through the General Register Office.