Our role is to encourage and guide development that will help make Caerphilly county borough a place where people want to live, work and visit and where businesses choose to invest.

If you require information, advice or guidance on any of the services listed above, contact the Planning Division on 01495 235268 or email Alternatively, Come and see us at Pontllanfraith House.

Applying for planning permission
Submit applications online or download forms including new fee charges from April 2009. We are now live with 1APP Planning Portal submissions.
Search, track and comment on a planning application
View planning applications using our PublicAccess database. The database also allows you to monitor the progress of a current application and to submit comments.
Weekly planning bulletin
Published weekly, the planning bulletin is a list of planning applications submitted.
Pre planning application guidance
If you intend to submit a planning application you are advised to discuss your application with the council first.
Planning Aid Wales
Planning Aid Wales is an independent charity providing advice and support on all aspects of land use planning in Wales.
Planning enforcement
The council is responsible for making sure that development should not be undertaken without planning permission first being granted and that conditions attached to permissions are fully complied with.
Local Development Plan (LDP)
The Caerphilly County Borough Local Development Plan (LDP) provides the development strategy and policy framework for the county borough to 2021. The Plan was adopted on the 23 November 2010. It is used by the council to guide and control development, providing a basis by which planning applications can be determined consistently and appropriately.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
A new charging system introduced in Caerphilly county borough Council on 1 July 2014. It allows local planning authorities to raise funds from developers who are undertaking new building projects in their area. The funds raised will go towards infrastructure that is needed to support growth, such as schools and transport improvements.
Design and Access Statements (DAS)
As of 1 June 2009, many planning applications and applications for listed building consent will have to be accompanied by a Design and Access Statement (DAS).
Do I need planning permission?
Whether you need planning permission will depend on the scale and location of the proposed works or development, and the planning policies related to the application site. The Planning Portal provides extensive general advice on the need for planning permission.
Street naming and numbering
The council is responsible for naming all streets and for the numbering or naming of properties within the Caerphilly county borough area.
Is your project at risk from coal mining activities?
All planning applications submitted after 1st April 2009 should be accompanied by a Development Stability Report where appropriate.
Planning appeals
If your application is not decided within a set period, or if you disagree with the decision that is made on your application, you have a right to appeal
Land charges
Our local land charges service is responsible for maintaining the land charges register and for carrying out local authority searches.
Planning committee
Planning committee meetings are open to members of the public who wish to attend.

Who to contact

See also

Was this page useful?

  Please comment:-
Please note that we will not reply directly to comments made here.