If you are already receiving housing benefit and/or council tax reduction then we are relying on you to tell us when things change.
The decision to award you benefits is based on your circumstances at the time the claim is made.
If there is any change in your circumstances it is important that you tell us about those changes straight away. If you don't tell us of any changes you may receive too much benefit and any benefit overpayments will have to be repaid. You could also lose money if you don't report certain changes, for example, if your rent goes up.
Changes you need to tell us about
You need to tell us if any of the following changes happen to you or to anyone who lives with you:
- If you move to a different address
- If anyone, moves in or out of your home
- If you or your partner have stopped working
- If you or your partner start working or become self employed
- If the hours either you or your partner works go up or down
- If either you or your partner's pay/wages go up or down
- If the amount you pay for childcare costs goes up or down
- If the amount of savings you have goes up or down
- If you or anyone else who lives with you leaves the country or is in prison or hospital
- The birth of a child
- If any child (18 years or over) starts or leaves school or university
- If you or anyone else who lives with you pay/wages go up or down
- If someone who lives with you has died
- If your tax credits go up or down
- If your jobseekers allowance, income support, employment support allowance or any other type of benefits you receive changes or stops
- Please tell us if any other change happens to you that is not listed above, which you think could change the amount of benefit you get
How to tell us about the changes
You can tell us about any changes online by clicking the button below.
You will need to provide us with evidence of any changes. This will also be explained to you as you complete the form.
|Please note: This form is for residents who are already receiving housing benefit and/or council tax reduction and wish to tell us about a change to their circumstances. If you wish to make a new claim you will need to submit a new claim form.|
If you require any further information or advice, please call Housing Benefits on 01443 866567.