Parking fines, otherwise known as 'excess charge notices' are issued on any vehicle parked in any pay and display or free car park in breach of the car park order.
These are separate from 'fixed penalty notices' that are issued for criminal offences by the police and traffic wardens who enforce any on-street parking offence.
How much is the fine?
The charge applies to council owned car parks and costs £75. This is discounted to £30 if paid within 14 days of issue.
How to pay your fine
You can pay your parking fine online using a credit or debit card. You will need the number on the parking ticket and the charge amount.
Alternatively you can:
- Call our 24 hour automated hotline number on 01443 863366 and pay by debit card. You will need the number on the parking ticket and the charge amount.
- Send a cheque or postal order made payable to 'Caerphilly County Borough Council' to Cashiers Section, Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed. CF82 7PG. Please do not send cash through the post and please write the parking fine number on the back of the cheque or postal order.
Challenging a parking fine
The reverse of the notice gives details of how to pay or contest it.
- A parking attendant issues a parking ticket by fixing it to the vehicle or handing it to the driver. Also CCTV carries out enforcement and the registered keeper of the vehicle will receive the notice by post.
- The charge is £75, payable within 28 days, or discounted to £30 if paid within 14 days (21 days for CCTV enforcement). Payment methods are detailed on the reverse of the parking ticket.
- If an outstanding discounted charge is not paid within 14 days, a reminder will be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle and the full £75 will need to be paid. It is the registered keeper of the vehicle who is liable tp pay the fine.
- If the keeper then fails to pay they will receive a final reminder letter prior to bailiff action and legal action.
- The keeper must declare any change of ownership, in writing, to the council immediately following receipt of the first reminder letter.
Disabled blue badge holders
Blue badge holders are reminded to park in accordance with the guidance issued with the badge. Please ensure that your badge is displayed correctly when required. Disabled badge holders are NOT exempt from charges in pay and display car parks.