The Gwent Community Risk Register has been prepared in accordance with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and is published to assure the people in our area that:
- An assessment of potential risks has taken place
- Plans are in place to deal with those risks
Risks in this context are those that could result in a major emergency and the Community Risk Register is the first step in the emergency planning process and ensures that the plans developed are proportionate to the risk.
The purpose of the Community Risk Register is:
- To ensure that local responders have an accurate understanding of the risks that they face enabling a sound foundation for planning.
- To provide a rational basis for the prioritisation of objectives, work programmes and allocation of resources.
- To enable local responders to assess the adequacy of their plans and identify any gaps.
- To facilitate joined up planning, based on consistent planning assumptions.
- To provide an overview of the emergency planning context for the public and officials.
In the Heddlu Gwent Police Force area, this work is undertaken by a group of partner agencies and organisations, including Caerphilly County Borough Council.
For further information about the Gwent Community Risk Register visit the Heddlu Gwent Police website.