The following standards apply to all parts of the council when dealing directly with customers at council premises, and support the general principles within the Council's Customer Service Charter.
- We will greet customers entering a council building within two minutes, ensure that customers who arrive for an appointment are seen no later than 10 minutes after their appointment time and that any customer visiting council premises to access a service that is available at that site do not have to wait more than 15 minutes. Customers visiting council premises with a simple query or request should be able to complete their visit as quickly and as conveniently as possible.
- We will ensure that customers visiting a council building to access a service that is not available at that building are given effective and appropriate assistance to access that service.
- We will ensure that customers are dealt with fairly and promptly and that we are helpful, polite, knowledgeable, wear a name badge and are clearly identifiable as council staff.
- We will ensure that we do our best to quickly and sensitively identify any special needs of customers visiting council buildings and respond appropriately to them.
- We will ensure that any customer who wishes to deal with the council in Welsh, other spoken languages or British Sign Language, is able to do so with the minimum possible delay.
- We will ensure that the parts of council buildings where we deal with customers are clean, safe, welcoming and accessible, with adequate seating for customers who may have to wait, and that the opening hours of those premises and information about how to make a complaint, comment or compliment are clearly displayed.
- At all premises where customers may need to discuss confidential matters, we will ensure that a confidential interview room is readily available and accessible.