You can! If you have some space in your home and some time in your life you could help us to help look after a child. There is no upper age limit but you do have to be over 21 years old to become a foster carer.
- be male or female
- be single, divorced, widowed or living with a partner
- own your own home, or rent
- have a disability
- work, be unemployed or retired
- be heterosexual, gay or lesbian
- have your own children, step-children or be childless
The children that need foster carers are all very different. This means that we need many different types of foster carers to look after them.
Foster carers all share the following qualities:
- They all love children!
- They work well as part of a team
- They are kind, understanding and patient
- They have lots of energy and a great sense of humour
- They don't give up easily when the going gets tough