We have a duty to provide, maintain and regularly empty both litter and dog fouling bins within the county borough as follows:
- Sufficient bins at both major and minor shopping centres to contain one day's litter production
- Provision of sufficient bins in council maintained car parks
- Provision of litter bins at all mini recycling centres
- Provision of sufficient bins in lay bys on strategic routes throughout the Borough
- Provision of dog fouling bins at known dog fouling black spots
Bins will normally be emptied at sufficient frequencies to avoid overflow as follows:
- Major shopping centres 1-3 times per day
- Minor shopping centres daily prior to 9.00am
- Lay bys on strategic routes daily prior to 8.00am
- All other locations dependant on usage between 1 and 7 times per week
Report an issue with a litter bin
You can report an issue with a litter bin online.
Alternatively, you can call Waste Strategy and Operations on 01443 866533.