Childcare Provider Grant
The Welsh Government has announced a Childcare Provider grant to support businesses in Wales in dealing with the severe impact of Coronavirus.
- The business provides childcare;
- Businesses must have been operating in Wales on or before 1 March 2020 and is continuing, or intends to continue operating in Wales;
- Where the business is temporarily closed, the business must undertake to fully re-open on, or before 14; September 2020; or if based on school premises, as soon as the school allows
The business has experienced a reduction in net income due to coronavirus during the period 1st April to 30th June 2020 compared to the equivalent period in 2019; or if your business started trading on or after 2 April 2019, and you suffered a net loss for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 and meet all of the other criteria;
- Business is/was not eligible for Economic Resilience Fund, Business Rate Grant, Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, Welsh Government Start Up Grant, Third Sector Resilience Fund, Mudiad Meithrin grant scheme, Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme and/or Bounce Back Loan Scheme. For loan schemes, the business must have explored these and explain why they have not pursued them;
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) declarations are up to date and copies will be provided with the application;
- Businesses need to confirm that without the grant support the viability of the enterprise will be under threat, and outline why;
- Business must be, or must undertake to become within 12 months, registered as a company limited by guarantee, a private limited company, Community Interest Company or a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. (Cwlwm partners are able to discuss this with you if you are unsure);
- Supported businesses must aim to maintain employment for 12 months;
- Applicant businesses and organisation will be expected to align with the ethos and principles of the Economic Contract;
- Only one application per businesses.
The grant will be administered by local authorities and accessed through the eligibility checker on the Business Wales website.
Applicants will be required to submit a short application form and self-declaration that is supported by evidence. In addition, applicants will be required to sign up to Business Wales start-up support and advice and align with the ethos and principles of the Economic Contract.
Apply for a Childcare Provider Grant >
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!
Businesses can apply from 24/08/2020
For further information please visit the Business Wales COVID-19 support for businesses pages.