Coronavirus safety grant
Grant funding is being made available through the Caerphilly Enterprise Fund to assist non-essential retail and service businesses to re-open safely.
The grant is open to non-essential retail and service businesses in the Caerphilly county borough, who have been forced to close because of the COVID-19 pandemic, to help pay for physical items of equipment that have been required to support their safe re-opening.
This grant is discretionary and limited funds are available. Therefore, the grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis. The grant award is a maximum of £200 (excluding VAT).
Who can apply?
- Businesses must operate in the Caerphilly county borough;
- Applicants must operate in the retail or service sector offering goods and/or services to visiting members of the public;
- Applicants must be a microbusiness (employ nine people or less);
Eligible expenditure is the purchase of equipment required to operate safely while social distancing requirements exist and can include:
- Protective screens;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves and masks;
- Hand sanitiser and dispensers;
- Social distancing signage;
- Queuing control systems.
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their purchases as follows:
- The purchase must be made using a debit card, credit card or bank transfer. Cash purchases will not be supported.
- Applicants must provide valid receipts for the equipment purchased;
- Applicants must provide original bank statements showing payment for the equipment;
Grant will be paid retrospectively (i.e. for equipment already purchased).
Business safety grant application form >
This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!