Caravan and camp site licence
To run a caravan and camping site you need a licence.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:
- restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- controlling the types of caravans on the site
- controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- to ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- fire safety and fire fighting controls
- to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained
Applications for site licences are made to the local authority in whose area the land situated.
How to apply
You can apply online.
Apply to run a caravan site or camp site
Tell us about a change
It is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a 56 day period please contact us.