‘A Foundation for Success 2018-2023’ - Regeneration Strategy for Caerphilly County Borough
‘A Foundation for Success’ seeks to provide a framework for the future regeneration of the County Borough for the next 5 years up to 2023. The document sets out strategic priorities for regeneration under four key themes:
- Supporting People (reducing inequality, building capacity and resilience to create healthier, prosperous, cohesive communities);
- Supporting Business (creating employment opportunities, increasing entrepreneurial activities, encouraging innovation and improving access to employment);
- Supporting Quality of Life (providing the right physical environment for our communities that encourages them to prosper);
- Connecting People and Places (improving connectivity locally, regionally and globally).
A Foundation for Success (PDF)
The Regeneration Strategy will be supported by a suite of targeted action plans and strategies aimed at capturing regeneration opportunities and developing key sites and premises throughout the County Borough.
The Council is undertaking a consultation on the Draft Heads of the Valleys Masterplan between 17 February and 30 March 2020, and would like your views.
The Masterplan will represent an exciting opportunity to set out the future direction of the Heads of the Valleys, and will seek to take advantage of the following:
- Major public investment in the A465 corridor, leading to greater employment opportunities;
- Investment in public transport infrastructure through the South Wales Metro, bringing about improved connectivity;
- Developing the area’s role as a tourism and visitor destination through development of the Valleys Regional Park.
The Masterplan will identify a number of projects in the area that could deliver substantial economic and community benefit, and it will provide a framework for the delivery of those projects. It is important to note that these are very much draft proposals at this stage and will be subject to change, depending on the comments that we receive.
Copies of the Draft Heads of the Valleys Masterplan can be viewed at all libraries across the County Borough, or at the link below:
Draft Heads of the Valleys Masterplan
If you would like to make comments on the document, please complete the online form at the link below. Alternatively, paper copies of the form will be available at all libraries during the consultation period. Completed copies must be returned to:
Strategic and Development Plans
Please note that all completed forms must be received by midnight on 30 March 2020. Forms received after this date will not be considered.
Heads of the Valleys Masterplan Survey
We will also be holding drop-in sessions where you will be able to discuss the Masterplan with Council officers at the following dates and times:
- Saturday 29 February, 10am – 3pm
- Tuesday 3 March, 2pm – 6pm
- Wednesday 4 March, 2pm – 6pm
- Thursday 5 March, 9.30am – 1pm
Should residents have any specific requirements such as access, hearing loop, require translation facilities or wish to use the Welsh language at any of these sessions, please contact us on 01443 866771 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this document or the consultation, then please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.