Customer Service Strategy 2016-2020
This strategy sets out how Caerphilly County Borough Council will develop the delivery of customer service to residents and businesses across the county borough, to users of council services, visitors to the county borough and anyone who has to conduct business with the council. The strategy applies to all services of the Council from 2016 to 2020.
It will show how we will retain a good customer experience across council services whilst adding value for customers and delivering greater value for money.
The strategy will be supported by a Delivery Plan that will be monitored by the Corporate IT Strategy Group which will also be responsible for the approval and monitoring of projects arising from the strategy and ensuring that the strategy remains relevant.
The main strategic outcomes of the strategy are to:
- Ensure that customers receive a consistent, positive experience across all access channels
- Maintain a range of contact channels for each service to ensure that customers with protected characteristics and/or specific language requirements or who are vulnerable or disadvantaged, can access services in a way that is appropriate for them.
- Migrate customers to the most appropriate contact method for their enquiry to generate efficiencies and savings.
- Minimise the cost of each transaction, including the cost of the “end to end” process.
- Ensure that every contact adds value for the customer.
- Reduce the number of customer contacts by ensuring that the way we deliver services does not result in unnecessary contacts.
Read and/or download our Customer Service Strategy 2016-2020 (PDF)