Gwent Regional Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Strategy 2018-2023
What does the Act do?
The Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence (Wales) Act 2015 focusses on the prevention of these issues, the protection of victims and support for those affected by such issues.
This is a unique and ground breaking piece of legislation.
The Act introduces requirements for…
- Welsh Ministers to: Prepare and publish a National Strategy in relation to these matters
- Appoint a National Adviser on Violence against Women and other forms of Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
Local Authorities are required to:
- Prepare and publish strategies to contribute to the pursuit of the purpose of the Act
- To provide basic training and awareness for all staff in the Local Authority (Group 1)
- To provide enhanced training to staff who are most likely to be making contact with those experiencing domestic abuse, sexual violence and other forms of gender- based violence as part of their roles . (Group 2)
- Report on how they are addressing VAWDASV matters within their educational functions, including any action taken within schools
Caerphilly County Borough Council has worked alongside other public bodies and third sector organisations in Gwent to produce the first collective strategy (2018-2023) aimed at ending violence against women, gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence, in line with the Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Act 2015.
Gwent Regional Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Strategy 2018-2023 (PDF)