Copy marriage and civil partnership certificates

We keep records of marriages and civil partnerships that have occurred in the Caerphilly county borough since 1837.

We can only issue certificates if we hold the register containing the original entry. If not, you must apply to the register office that holds the original record.

Information you will need to provide

Where possible we will need to know the following information so that we can locate the entry in our registers:

  • Names of both parties to the marriage
  • Maiden name or any previous names used by either party
  • Date of the marriage/civil partnership (approx month/year if the exact date is not known)
  • Place of the marriage/civil partnership

Request a copy certificate

Apply online for a copy marriage certificate >

Apply online for a copy civil partnership certificate >

This link will direct you to Caerphilly Connect. Register now or log in to report, apply and pay for services. If you do not wish to create an account click 'Continue without registering'. Please check your spam/junk mail folder for account activation and notification emails that we send you!

Alternatively, contact the register office.

Following the submission of your application, we will use the information you have provided to locate the record. We will then contact you, and if the search was successful, will advise you on what to do next.

How long will it take?

We offer a standard and priority service.

For costs of each service please visit the charges and fees for certificates section.

Certificates are Crown Copyright and should not be photocopied for official purposes.

Privacy Notice

Registration service privacy notice (PDF)

Contact us

Related pages

Family history searches