Pupil Development Grant (PDG) - Access
Get £125 to buy school uniform, equipment, sports kit and kit for activities outside of school for your child.
Learners eligible for free school meals can apply for this grant if they are:
- entering reception class or year 3 in primary school
- entering year 7 or year 10 in secondary school
- aged 4, 7, 11 or 14 in special schools, special needs resource bases or pupil referral units
- For Year 7 learners the grant is £200, recognising the increased costs associated with starting secondary school.
The Funding is available to ALL looked after children of compulsory school age, irrespective of FSM entitlement. Applications for LAC pupils will need to be made to the Local Authority in which the pupil attends school.
The funding can be used to purchase:
- School uniform, including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for wider activities, for example sports, scouts and guides;
- School equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hours trips such as waterproofs for outdoor learning.
Mobile phones and iPads are excluded from this funding.
Please note: If you have already purchased the items you can still apply and receive the funds retrospectively.
How to apply
Applications for September 2020 will NOT be dealt with by our schools but will be received and administered by the Council.
Support will also be provided by the council where families do not have on-line access to apply.
To reassure families applications and payments will be on-going through the summer holiday period, into September and onwards.
To apply for this grant please complete the online application form below.
The Pupil Development Access form is currently unavailable whilst we await new guidance from the Welsh Government.
For enquiries please call 01443 864864 / 01443 864855.
Further information about this funding is available on the Welsh Government website.