Temporary Coronavirus testing centres
(Page amended 24/11/2020, 9.30am)
Due to the recent rise in the number of coronavirus cases in the Caerphilly county borough, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board has set up temporary testing centres.
If you live in Caerphilly County Borough and are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus, please attend for a quick, safe test. These symptoms may be very mild.
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste and/or smell
- Please book at appointment before attending for a test. Call 0300 30 31 222.
- The testing facilities below are for people living in Caerphilly county borough area only. Please bring ID and proof of address, such as driving licence or utility bill. Click here to check if you live in the Caerphilly county borough.
- The test is done in 5 minutes
- Please wear a face covering on the way to and from your test
- Please do not use public transport
- Do not visit any shops or other places on the way to or from your test
- Please remember, if you have symptoms of Coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate at home until you receive your test results.
For people who live outside the Caerphilly area, there are other testing facilities available in Gwent. Please visit NHS Wales for details of Coronavirus testing facilities in Gwent.
Call 0300 30 31 222 between 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday and 8am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday to make an appointment.
Rhymney – Former Aldi Carpark site
Old Brewery Lane, NP22 5HT
Morning Walk Up Tests (Booking Required)
Operating Hours: Morning 9am-12.30pm
Operational dates: 24 – 30 November.
Bargoed Library Car Park
Hanbury Road, CF81 8QR
Afternoon Walk Up Tests (Booking Required)
Operating Hours: Afternoon (2pm - 4pm)
Operational dates: 24 – 30 November
You can have a test posted to your home. Apply online or phone 119, free between the hours of 7am to 11pm.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate immediately until you receive your test results. Click here for further information on self-isolation.