Bulky garden waste
All garden waste can be recycled FREE of charge at all of our household waste recycling centres. Garden waste such as grass cuttings, weeds, leaves and flowers are collected as part of our free weekly collection service.
We also offer a collection service for bulky garden waste such as trees and branches.
To request this service:
- There must be no more than one Transit van load (approximate volume 2.5m x 1.5m x 1.5m)
- The material must not be bagged
- Any trees or branches must be cut into lengths less then 5ft and under 20kg
- The material must be placed at the front of the property for collection. This will be advised at the time of booking and must be a location where we can gain safe access with a refuse collection vehicle
- The material must not include Japanese Knotweed, Poison Ivy, earth or garden rubble
We offer a chargeable collection service for bulky garden waste from domestic properties within the borough
COVID-19 Notice: As a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, the bulky waste collection service has been suspended while staff are deployed for other essential services.
Before we collect the garden waste, we will arrange for an officer to visit you, inspect the material and to provide you with a quotation. If you are happy with the quotation, you will be advised to make the payment and arrange the collection.
Payment can be made by debit or credit card over the telephone or cash payment is accepted at any of our cash offices.
Please note the following:
- We can only collect one load per property per booking so if you have a large amount for removal you will need to book an additional collection and pay the required fee again. Alternatively you can take the materials to one of our household waste recycling centres.
- Refunds for cancellations can only be processed if received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection.
- No concessions or exemptions are available.