Conservation area consent

If you live in a conservation area and intend to carry out works to your building or within the garden of your building, which you believe may affect the character of the area and may need to apply for planning permission.

Applying for permission

You should contact us if you plan to carry out any of the following:

  • Alterations to the external appearance of properties
  • Any works that will alter the external appearance of your property such as re-roofing, replacement windows etc.
  • Altering or removing boundary walls or hedges
  • Altering vehicle access or parking arrangements around the property
  • Any pruning or cutting, or "lopping" or "topping", to any trees or shrubs with a stem diameter measuring over 75mm (at chest height) (See Tree preservation orders for details of how to apply for consent)

Applications forms are also available to download below.

Conservation area consent application form

Application guidance notes

Contact us

Related pages

Conservation areas