Household planning permission

Can you find out if you need planning permission for most projects on the Planning Portal website and provides a range of information and interactive guides to help you explore how to progress common householder projects

Some extensions and alterations to your home can be carried out without planning permission. This is known as permitted development.

For a formal decision of whether permission is required you can apply to us for a 'Lawful Development Certificate (PDF)'. This type of application clarifies if planning permission is required. If it is not required you will get a certificate to confirm this. If planning permission is required, you will then need to submit a formal planning application

You should also note that planning permission and building regulations approval are two separate permissions and you may need to apply for both.

Contact us