21st Century Schools Programme Achievements
Caerphilly County Borough Council has embarked upon an exciting but challenging journey of improvement and change.
Band A Programme '2014 to 2019'
Caerphilly has benefited greatly from investments in the initial “Band A” 21st Century Schools programme with approximately £56.5 million invested in schools for both educational and community use.
Band A funding in Caerphilly was used to deliver:
- Y Gwyndy
- Newbridge School
- Idris Davies 3-18 School
- Islwyn High School
- Blackwood Comprehensive
- Trinity Fields Special School (phase 1)
The second part of this funding "Band B" started in April 2019, with the priority areas being:
- Reduce the number of poor condition schools
- that we have the right size schools in the right location
- Provide enough places to deliver Welsh and English medium education
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of the educational estate
Caerphilly County Borough Council submitted a Strategic Outline Programme and received Welsh government approval in principle for an identified investment of £78 million, subject to individual project consultation and approval
Find out more about our upcoming 21st Century Schools Programme Developments, Proposals and Consultations.